Thursday, October 10, 2013

Feeling good about yourself is half the battle...

That new haircut.
Those new shoes.
A new outfit.
They make you feel like a million bucks.  They make you stand a little taller (well obviously, if those new shoes are heels).  Your attitude has changed a bit.

Why do we not feel like this all the time?  We all fall into ruts sometimes. 

I hadn't gotten my hair cut in over a year.  I started wearing jeans to work and I lived in sneakers and sweatshirts.  "I'm comfortable this way" I'd say, but on the inside I didn't feel pretty.  Frumpy is the word I used to describe how I felt.  I felt frumpy.  

I decided yesterday I didn't want to live in sneakers anymore.  I can't quite wear heels due to back problems (and let's face it, I'm a klutz) but there are hundreds of cute flat options.  I own a few pair of flats myself so I vowed to not wear sneakers to work anymore.  Well, at my full time job anyway.

I totally revamped my hair last night, thanks to my sister.  She is an awesome hair stylist and had a grand ole time chopping 6 inches off my hair last night! 6!! (Not the greatest photos, but they get the job done)  What a difference. 

BEFORE


AFTER


This morning when I woke up, I searched my closet for a pair of flats and worked my outfit around my shoes.  I feel 100% better this morning than I have in the past few weeks.   It still isn't perfect because I'm wearing jeans but it's an improvement.

What's even better is I'm ready to take on the day.  I'm ready to make better food decisions, I feel better about myself and I am looking forward to getting a workout in.  (Excuse the bathroom shot! haha)



Starting and staying on a healthy journey is very much a mental game, one which I don't think I will ever understand.  If something small like a haircut or new shoes keeps me ahead of the game, consider it done.

What are some of your small pick-me-ups that help you?


1 comment:

  1. New clothes are always a pick me up! Plus just doing healthier things, like eating a healthy meal, makes me feel better about myself. You look radiant!

    ReplyDelete