Friday, October 4, 2013

Who do you run for?

I wanted to post about this great group I belong to.

I Run 4. 

I stumbled upon it while browsing a Facebook group about Virtual Runs.  As soon as I read about it, I knew I had to join.

Run for those who can't.  Swim for those who can't.  Bike for those who can't.  No matter what you do, just MOVE...for those who can't.

I Run 4 was set up by an outstanding gentleman who matches runners up with those with special needs.  You maintain a relationship online, sharing stories, posting photos of your journey.  The rewards are immense. 

I was matched with my buddy after waiting about a month.  The wait list has extended greatly, however, in this case, it's a good thing.   Well worth the wait.

My wonderful buddy, Junior has to face many challenges but he never lets that hold him back.  Junior is enjoying life to the fullest, and loving that I get out there and move for him.  *Waves* Hi, Junior!

Check out the I Run 4 website here to get more information and to get involved.  You won't regret it.


Who do you run for?


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how cool! What an amazing cause. I may have to get myself on that list.

    ReplyDelete